|Yield to Maturity %|
|Annual Equivalent Rate %|
|Accrued Interest $|
Simple Trading Strategies
- This is the current price for the bond. It is a dirty price if it includes accrued interest otherwise it is a clean price. To calculate the price for a given yield to maturity see the Bond Price Calculator.
- Face Value
- This is the nominal value of debt that the bond represents. It is the amount that is payed to the holder of the bond on the date that it matures, also called the redemption date.
- Coupon Rate
- This determines the value of the annual coupon payments as a percentage of the face value. For example if the face value is 1000 and the coupon rate is 7% then there will be total coupon payments of 70 in a year. If there are 2 payments per year then each payment will equal 35.
- Payments per Year
- A bonds coupon payment is usually split up into a number of payments per year. The most common number is 2.
- Settlement Date
- This is the date on which the bond is paid for and ownership is assumed.
- Maturity Date
- This is the date of the final coupon payment and payment of the bond's face value.
Copyright 2008-2014 by Exstrom Laboratories LLC
Send comments to: (stefan AT exstrom DOT com)